Friday, September 18, 2020

Susan and the eyeglasses.

 Is anybody tired of Susan stories?  

 

If you are, I’m really sorry. Please scroll by, because this is a Susan story. A short one... But still a Susan story.  

 

I got new glasses today. I’d found frames I really liked and had my prescription put in them. I actually got 4 pair, and they’re... different from anything I’ve had before.  

 

Susan had me at the eye doctor from the time I was a preteen, and for some unknown reason would always choose the roundest, ugliest coke bottle like glasses everrrr then complain that I wasn’t “popular”. Well, it’s hard to be popular when you’re wearing glasses (and clothes) that makes you look like you should be starring in the Golden Girls Reunion. I always leaned towards more cat eye frames (still do, it turns out) which she said was “whorish” and “made me look fat”.  She even accused me of faking my vision issues because I liked to spend her money (a full $25 copay that my dad always paid). 

 

So, I simply didn’t wear my glasses.  

 

Fast forward to now, I’m pushing 30 and legally blind in one eye because reasons, and I really needed glasses... And I spent a week arguing back and forth with myself before finally just getting the ones I wanted. Finally.  

 

Can’t wait for me to have them on in something public and to receive a screeching email about me being a fat whore.  

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your thoughts, suggestions, and general "omgs" lol. Except you, Mother.